Cycling in California

Cycling in California
At the top - 8700'

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Passing Time


It has been almost one month since my last post. I am still in Eugene and Mike is still in Fargo. At times this separation feels endless. Both of us are in limbo - waiting for a new life to begin, living our separate lives,mourning the old life. Passing time. I have been busy with family and doing every epic bike ride that I have loved. Soon I won't have epic rides right outside my back door to go conquer. Soon I won't have big mountains to climb with screaming fast descents that put all the senses to the test. Soon I won't have lush green forests and rivers to ride by. But soon I will have something else. I will have a life with my husband. Soon we will have new roads to ride and new places to explore together. Having said all that I do need to put this into perspective. Our few months of separation have been painful; however, our military families would love to have their separations be 4 months. Our daughter's husband Levi just deployed to Iraq for 18 months. His baby was 6 weeks old when he left. How does a military wife 'pass time' while her beloved husband is at war? How does one deal with a life in limbo for 18 months? I know it will take courage, patience and divine intervention. Military families in this war don't get to say 'soon' like I do. When I celebrate my reunion with Mike and I will remain mindful of our military families who are separated because of this war. I will remain mindful about how difficult it has been for me to be in limbo and pass time and will remember the military families who have to do it for so much longer than me. The picture included on this post is of our son (in-law) Levi hugging his son (our grandson) Ayden good-bye on June 6, 2007. I hate war.

No comments: